OccuSafe Network’s Annual Valley Fever awareness training module will provide awareness training for employers whose outdoor workers are exposed to disturbed soil that may contain the fungal spores which can cause Valley Fever.
This course will cover the following elements:
- What Valley Fever is
- How to avoid Valley Fever
- What work activities hold a greater risk for getting Valley Fever
- What employers do if a worker reports having symptoms of Valley Fever
- Applicable regulations regarding Valley Fever protection and exposure
This course will provide you with the information and resources needed to make your workers or yourself aware of how to prevent Valley Fever.
Following the completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe Valley Fever
- Identify high endemic areas
- Identify ways to prevent exposure
- Explain what to do if a worker reports Valley Fever symptom